You can come across plenty of individuals nowadays who believed that reflexology is a kind of foot massage. Should you be among these people, then be sure to continue reading this article to enlighten your mind and to get additional insights about it. After reading this article, it will definitely change your mind about reflexology.
Meaning of Reflexology
When we talk of reflexology, we refer to the gentle massage to manipulate certain pressure points of the body aimed at clearing the pathways for that energy will flow in. This kind of energy will help in enlivening our bodies and in healing itself as well. Massage therapist will apply gentle pressure in certain pressure pointers on our hands or our feet not just to activate our bodies’ ability in healing itself but also to achieve deep relaxation and return its state-of-balance. Some also call reflexology as zone therapy.
Reflexology has its origin in China and the people utilized this form of therapy in treating pain and stress in their bodies. With reflexology, the Chinese people had balanced as well as healthy lives. Because of the benefits it brings to us, reflexology is now practiced not just in Asia but also in other regions worldwide. These days, it is already possible to get reflexology services from big and small massage parlors and health spas everywhere.
Knowing the Rewards of Reflexology to Us
Since this is one non-invasive form of therapy, it can benefit all individuals, irrespective of age, gender as well as health conditions. Researchers discovered that there are many individuals out there who resort to reflexology when it comes to treating their arthritis, mobility and pain problems. It is also effectual in treating various physical and psychological concerns. Showcased underneath are the other benefits offered by reflexology:
1. You can use reflexology to treat the different kinds of pain in your body.
2. It relaxes our bodies.
3. This is proven to be effective in enhancing blood circulation and flow.
4. It is also effective in regulating our body’s cholesterol level.
5. Numerous hypertensive men and women make use of reflexology in regulating their blood pressure.
6. It is also proven to be effective in stimulating the functions of the nerves inside our bodies.
7. It also helps in boosting our body’s immune system.
7. There are lots of doctors out there who apply reflexology to their cancer patients to help in easing their pain, anxiety, vomiting and nausea.
8. There are lots of physicians out there who make use of reflexology to ease the pain felt by women during delivery as well as treating the postpartum depression and effects of childbirth.
9. Some even undergo reflexology to get relief and treatment for their kidney diseases, insomnia, asthma, allergies, skin diseases, gastrointestinal problems and etc.